Civil Process

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office provides service for all types of process related to criminal proceedings and some types of process related to civil proceedings. However, we cannot provide forms or legal advice for any civil process. Fees are charged and civil rules of services are followed, in accordance with Utah law. Deposits are required for some types of process. For additional information, click on the fees link below or contact the civil process division at (435)656-6500.

An Ex Parte’, Protective Order, or Stalking Injunction can be served by any law enforcement officer, at any time, upon the request of the petitioner. (UCA 78B-7-106) There is no fee to file or serve protective orders and stalking injunctions.

Some processes can be served by constables, private investigators or citizens. More information about who can serve what types of process can be found on the Utah Courts website.

The Utah online court assistance program provides information that answers frequently asked questions, along with links and forms to assist with obtaining the civil process paperwork to be served.

Visit the court website at